You want to work with Microsoft ? Ensure you know well your GDPR and are Legally organized with it.*
Sunday, June 10, 2018
Saturday, February 24, 2018
Microsoft Corp has selected France to launch the First “IoT in a Day” event with SaaS Microsoft IoT Central
This is only the beginning of the History for “IoT in a Day”, a worldwide event where Microsoft Corp presents Azure IoT, including Microsoft IoT Central, the SaaS IoT product that eases greatly IoT, so much that even someone who doesn’t know coding can setup IoT project.
The specificity of “IoT in a Day” is that within 1 day, one could see an end-to-end IoT scenario : a bit of theories, a deep dive testimonial of customers, a manipulation of true devices with firmware upgrade and Wifi configuration, then Azure connection, with telemetry display ! Key success factors for IoT (based on worldwide feedback, official Eclipse IoT fundation framework and 40 IoT projects, and customers’ feedback)
Microsoft Corp has selected Igor Leontiev and I to organize this event, respectively Azure MVP and Microsoft Regional Director, after having passed a worldwide selection, backed up with 40 IoT projects and customer’s testimonials.
AGENDA OF THE FREE TRAINING :
(see here for details of the day in French: www.viseo.com/fr/actualite/iot-day-compte-rendu)
- Welcome & Networking
- Keynote by the customer LPG Systems
- General presentation IoT
- IoT Lab – Part 1 (IoT with simulator)
- Free lunch + networking with Microsoft Corp and France, LPG and VISEO
- IoT Lab – Part 2 (IoT with True ‘device’)
- Return on experience from LPG about Azure IoT
- IoT Lab – Part 3
Attendees provided really enthusiastic feedback of this format ; this is the very first of a series that is going to be deployed worldwide for the next following months. Next will be in Chicago, then many others in France on Key cities. Stay tuned for the other locations. Follow my Twitter.
Here is a summary of the event : https://t.co/olPQA7TZC3
©2018 photo credit : Marc Obregon
Some souvenirs from Microsoft France head-quarter:
Thursday, February 15, 2018
5th time it is organized in Lyon, along the hundreds other Cities worldwide
- To select the talks you are interested in the most, please complete the Survey : https://tinyurl.com/ycz8kc3e
- To have the official worldwide info : https://global.azurebootcamp.net/locations/france-lyon/
- To register : https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/MUGLyon/events/247817761
- You are a Speaker ? Here is the Call for Speaker (same as the survey, just fill in the last question) : https://tinyurl.com/ycz8kc3e
Here is the program :.
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Many times I got asked to tell where to get the API Key to perform your self cost reporting, using Cloudyn, or PowerBI, or your own Code using Web API.
Very easy !
(this post is a update simplified from this one : http://blog.thavo.com/2016/10/cost-on-azure-where-to-start.html)
AZURE ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT PORTAL
1. go to https://ea.azure.com
2. Move from “Manage” to “Report”
3. Choose “Download Usage” > “API Access Key”
The API Key should look something like :
POWER BI WEB APP
Go to PowerBI : https://powerbi.microsoft.com
Fill in the questions and the API Key, then it works straight after
Monday, January 22, 2018
You try to find the very very old, yet useful “Classical Publish Settings”, in the new Azure Portal ??
Don’t look further, just so that I can remember, here is the direct URL to get
Then it still works !
Thursday, January 11, 2018
With the recent announcement of an even closer partnership between SAP and Microsoft, I got the fantastic opportunity the visit SAP EBC with my VISEO Top Management and Key Account Managers.
Indeed, as Microsoft Regional Director in charge of the Azure strategy for the group WW, the SAP management welcomed us and congratulated us on the job done in 2017, and challenges us to become again one of the TOP 5 best partner.
Despite I am into innovation and very high tech, I must admit that I was REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY impressed by the Innovation center (an entire massive floor dedicated to innovation). Here is one of the room where we have a concentrated amount of digital innovation.
And, despite many people will like the Retail showroom, I really much prefer durt and robots, which are my favorite topic : real-time Machine Learning embedded in devices off-line and Instrstrial IoT with OPC UA standards.
We also had a presentation of a very robust, yet Lean, Innovation SAP process !
These sessions was a great source of inspiration and I already for few ideas that made come true !
The entire VISEO board was present along with their Key Accounts Managers… and it’s Microsoft Regional Director
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
This is a very common question that I have. Also this is quite easy for “us” using VSTS for the last 5 years, because VSTS is so spread out, that some people do no know how to add new users into VSTS.
(to see how to create a Microsoft Account, ex-LiveID, see after)
CONTEXT : Without voluntarily enter into details, let’s start by saying that
- VSTS can use your AD (Active Directory) Account, provided you add an ADFS or use your AAD (Azure Active Directory)
- VSTS can use your Office 365 Corporate Accounts (indeed, it is Azure Active Directory behind the scene)
- VSTS can use a Microsoft Account (formally known as liveID, such as @outlook.com, @outlook.fr, @live.com, @live.fr, …)
The first 2 choices are THE recommended solution in terms of security (where you could also add multi-factor authentication to further improve security). Besides, when the user leaves the company, he automatically looses its access to ALL corporates accounts, including VSTS.
The third option is however used as a “hack” to provide quickly access to VSTS without having the pain to go thought the IT department connecting VSTS to the AAD.
Origin of numerous confusions : when mixing the two !!
If you have a Corporate Account say FName.LastName@Viseo.com, you were able to “convert” it into a Microsoft Account (not possible now for many reasons). But now, when you Log In, you have 2 choices !! (as per today, we have 2 portals : new one as default, and a button to switch to the former one. See next).
HOW TO CREATE A Microsoft Account (former LiveID) ?
Here’s an easy way (out of many) :
- Go to any Microsoft portal using MS Account, for instance https://outlook.com or https://onedrive.com …
- Since you don’t yet have a MS Account, you cannot Sign In, so just click “Sign up for free”
- Then “Create a Microsoft Account
- It’s where you have 2 solutions :
AS PER TODAY, we have 2 portals
Switching back to the previous portal using the link at the bottom right
APPENDICES and ADVANCED and LINKS !
Nowadays, Microsoft offers an easy way to Log in. However to try to understand what’s behind the scene, and for the sake of the illustration, let’s force it back to the former portal (so I can document this before it goes away for a simplified version). The former VSTS login portal accepts both MS Account and Corp Account :
When trying to Log in via Visual Studio 2017, we have this popup :
Then VS2017 detects the Login has 2 types : MS Account and Corporate Account. So he asks the question
(notice you can choose a newer interface)
Choose the one that corresponds to you, then enter the corresponding password (ideally, best not to us the same password for the 2 accounts. Because, in one gets hacked – most likely the MS Account as opposed to Corporate Account with MFA)
(notice the button on the Top to switch back to the new portal)
We have MANY CASES
When you use your Corporate Account that is NOT connected to VSTS (i.e. not connected to Azure AD), for example FName.LastName@Total.com, then, when we start entering the Login FName.LastName@Total.com, the portal will check 2 seconds what type of login it is. When we enter the password
|Microsoft Account (ex Personal LiveID)||
Corporate Account (eg. Azure AD, O365)
LINKS from Microsoft
- Read about cleaning up the Azure AD and Microsoft account overlap
- Learn about connecting your VSTS account to an Azure AD tenant
- Learn about the impact to your VS subscriptions when you connect to AAD
- Learn how to bring guest users, either MSA sign-ins or members of external Azure AD tenants, into your Azure AD tenant
- Provide your users guidance on how to rename their personal accounts